What kind of Personal Information do we collect?
In accordance with the Privacy Act, ‘personal information’ means any information by which an individual could be identified. The personal information collected by Muir Marine Qld varies according to the circumstances in which the personal information is collected. This may include, but is not limited to, the collection of the following information:
- First Name, Surname, Address, Postal Address, Telephone Numbers, Email Address
- Employer Details, ABN & Contact Numbers;
- Financial details including Credit Card Numbers, Bank Account information
How do we collect Personal Information?
Muir Marine Qld collects the personal information through:
- The use of, and interaction with, the information and services provided on the Muir Marine Qld website including digital services including online enquiry, feedback or other forms;
- Interaction and enquiries generated through our social media channels which include Facebook;
- The provision of customer service and support, including dealings by telephone, email, or written correspondence;
- Requests for follow-up information, requests to join a mailing list or to be contacted for further information about Muir Marine Qld products or services;
How do we use Personal Information?
Muir Marine Qld will use personal information to provide a particular product or service, and to contact customers about matters pertaining to orders placed or product enquiries. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- Electronic communications regarding products information the client requested to receive;
We may use personal information for purposes related or ancillary to the main reason we collect it, such as:
- Internal accounting and administration;
- Regulatory reporting and compliance;
- Identifying other services that may be of benefit to customers
We will never knowingly provide personal information to third parties without consent and will never sell contact details for commercial benefit.
Direct Marketing: Muir Marine Qld will use personal information for the purposes of direct marketing where we have obtained express consent to do so. We are not permitted to send Direct Marketing communications unless we have your consent and we are required to comply with specific privacy legislation including the Spam Act 2003 (Cwth) and the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cwth).
Where consent has been provided to use personal information, that consent will remain current until we are advised otherwise. Opting out of these communications can be facilitated by informing us by email or telephone.
Accuracy of Personal Information
Muir Marine Qld undertakes to do all things necessary to ensure that stored personal information is accurate, complete and up to date. We regularly audit our data and request members to update records whenever possible.
Security of Personal Information
Muir Marine Qld has measures in place to protect personal information from misuse and loss. The steps we take to ensure protection include the use of firewalls, encryption, anti-virus software and login and password protection. In addition, access is restricted to authorised personnel and training is provided to staff on the Privacy Act.
Muir Marine Qld will keep personal information for as long as it is needed to provide customers with products and services. We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently remove personal information no longer needed.
Links to other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If there is a complaint about the way Muir Marine Qld has collected, stored or used personal information, a complaint should be made to the Director of Muir Marine Qld who will endeavour to deal with the complaint and take any steps to resolve the complaint within two weeks of receipt. If the complaint cannot be resolved within that period we will write to the complainant setting out the status of the complaint, any further steps needed to be taken and an estimated length of time required to resolve the complaint. We will inform the complainant whether it is considered that any breach of the Privacy Act has occurred and, if so, the steps being taken to rectify the situation.
If, after giving Muir Marine Qld a reasonable opportunity to resolve the complaint there is no resolution, the matter can be progressed to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. Complaints should be forwarded to:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
A written complaint must include a return address, and identify the conduct that is the basis for the complaint. There are no lodgement or filing fees for lodging a complaint.